1. Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes; using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
2. Add onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to pot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Stir in 4 cups water and half of the cauliflower florets and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes. Add remaining half of cauliflower and simmer until tender, about 10 more minutes.
4. Working in batches, carefully transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Return soup to pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Whisk cornstarch with remaining 1 teaspoon water, stir into soup, and simmer 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add more water if needed to achieve desired consistency. Portion into bowls and top with scallions, cheese, sour cream, and reserved bacon.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2017