1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on low to cream butter until softened. With a spoon or spatula begin to stir in confectioners' sugar, then cream on low until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and beat to incorporate. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients on low until well blended; dough will be dry. Form dough into a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out dough to 1?4-inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes using a 2- to 3-inch cookie cutter. Ball together excess dough and roll out again until all dough is used. Place cookies 1?2 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake until surface of the cookies appears dry, 10 to 12 minutes. Place baking sheets on wire racks and allow cookies to cool completely.
when cookies are cool, melt chocolate over a double boiler or in microwave, stirring until smooth. Transfer chocolate to a zip-close plastic bag and snip one corner. Drizzle chocolate on each cookie in a zigzag pattern. Let chocolate et, about 1 hour. Store cookies in flat container with wax paper between layers of cookies, or freeze.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2014