1. Put onion, beer, and 1/2 cup of the sweet bourbon marinade in a slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
2. Put 2 Tbsp. sweet southern barbecue rub in a medium mixing bowl. Coat pork loins, one at a time, with spice rub, and add each one to slow cooker. Pork loins can be placed side by side or on top of each other.
3. Cook on low temperature setting for 8 hours.
4. Make coleslaw. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, black pepper, and salt. Add coleslaw mix and toss to coat with dressing. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
5. When pork is done cooking, carefully transfer to a large bowl. Pour cooking juices through a strainer and reserve.
6. Pour 2 cups of strained cooking juices and remaining sweet bourbon marinade (should be about 2 1/2 cups) back into slow cooker and stir well.
7. Using two forks, shred pork. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and stir to coat thoroughly with sauce. Keep pork covered and on low temperature setting until serving time.
8. To serve, lay out hamburger buns, coleslaw, pickles, and sliced onion. Set a pair of tongs near the pork for easy sandwich making.
Do-Ahead Tip: Make coleslaw in the morning when you put the pork loins into the slow cooker. If you get everything going in the morning, the BBQ pork will be done by game time.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2008