1. Use a paper towel to pat meat dry. Sprinkle pepper over both sides of steak and set aside for 1 hour.
2. Combine salt and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add boiling water. Stir until salt is dissolved. Cool slightly.
3. In a food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, oregano, and garlic. Pulse mixture until it forms a rough paste. Add oil, vinegar, and reserved spiced water. Pulse until mixture is thoroughly blended. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Taste sauce for spiciness. Stir in minced jalape?o if desired. Set aside at room temperature while you grill the steak.
4. Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush grill grate with oil and place steak directly on grill grate. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turn, and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness.
5. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice meat thinly against the grain into 1/4-inch slices. Transfer to a serving plate and top with chimichurri sauce. Serve immediately, with any additional sauce in a bowl on the side. If desired, garnish with parsley or cilantro sprigs.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2015