1. In a large resealable plastic bag, mix together rice vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, and curry paste. Add beef to bag and seal. Marinate for 10 minutes, turning once.
2. While beef marinates, heat 1 1/2 tsp. of the oil in a large, nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Transfer vegetables to a plate.
3. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to pan. Remove beef from bag, reserving marinade. Add beef to pan and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until uniformly browned. Add vegetables and reserved marinade and stir for 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen any browned bits.
4. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, and salt to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, return steak to pan, and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in sprouts.
5. While steak simmers, cook rice in microwave according to instructions on package.
6. Divide prepared rice among four plates. Top with stir-fry mixture, sprinkle with chopped cilantro (if using), and serve hot.
Notes: Inspirations Angus Beef is preferred for this recipe. Precut packaged onions are available in the Produce department. Use 2 (8.8-oz.) packages of brown rice. Make sure rice is microwavable. Chopped cilantro leaves are an optional garnish.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2009