1. In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and cornstarch until smooth. Add honey and red pepper flakes. Whisk again until smooth. Set aside.
2. Add sesame seeds to a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and toasted. Turn off heat. Transfer seeds to a plate and reserve.
3. Place the same pan over high heat and spray with vegetable cooking spray. When hot, add beef, garlic, and ginger. Cook and stir until beef is just cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside.
4. Add water, green beans, and carrots to skillet. Stir to combine, then cover. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until beans are crisp-tender.
5. While vegetables are cooking, prepare rice according to package instructions.
6. Rewhisk reserved sauce and add to the pan along with beef and any accumulatedcooking juices. Stir in 1 Tbsp. of the reserved toasted sesame seeds. Sauce will simmer and thicken quickly. Toss and stir until beef and vegetables are coated with sauce.
7. Divide stir-fry among 4 bowls and serve with rice, garnished with remaining 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds and scallions.
Source: Fresh Magazine January, February 2010