1. Place a rack in center of oven and heat to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 10 minutes; drain and transfer to a greased 9x13" baking dish.
2. Meanwhile, melt 6 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until just beginning to brown; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl until combined; whisk in melted butter.
3. Wipe out skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and melt. Add almonds and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and cook, stirring frequently, until almonds are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir half of almonds into egg mixture, then pour over noodles and toss until well-combined. Transfer to oven and bake 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining half of almonds and the sugar evenly over top. Return to oven and bake until kugel is golden brown and bubbling around edges, 20 to 30 more minutes.
6. Increase heat to 425 degrees and bake until top is deeply browned and crunchy, about 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2018