1. Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven and cover with 1" cold water. Add 1 tablespoon salt, herbs, and spices and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are just fork-tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes, let cool slightly, then refrigerate until completely cold, about 1 hour.
3. To fry: Turn oven to warm. Pour oil in a large Dutch oven until it measures about 2" deep and heat over medium-high until oil reaches 350 degrees. Meanwhile, flatten potatoes with your palm until they are about 3/4" thick (edges will look cracked).
4. Working in batches, fry potatoes until deep golden brown and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes, adjusting heat as needed to maintain oil temperature.
5. Transfer potatoes to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet, season with salt, and place in oven. Repeat with remaining potatoes and serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2016