Important Updates on Our Response to COVID-19
As the scope and impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to evolve, Hannaford remains focused on providing you and our communities with the food, medicine and other essentials your family needs. Our top priority continues to be the health and safety of our customers and our associates. We are closely monitoring the situation and reacting quickly to changing circumstances, and we will continue to update you with the latest information here.
Face masks/face coverings for customers:
We require all customers who are medically able to wear a mask to do so while shopping in our stores. In those locations where the medical exemption has been eliminated by law, all customers must wear masks while in our stores. We provide free masks for customers who need them. We appreciate our customers' cooperation and need their support by wearing masks while in the store. Hannaford is abiding by all state and local laws relating to the use of face coverings.
Click here to learn about COVID-19 vaccine availability. Please check back regularly as vaccine availability may change quickly.
Safety and Product Updates
Hannaford has taken extensive steps to ensure our associates and customers are safe during this health crisis. This work is guided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's science-based recommendations and updated as new information and guidance are provided. These measures include:
Customer health and safety
- Whenever possible, please send in only one person per family to shop. We are limited by law as to how many people we can allow in the store at one time.
- There may be a line outside the store, and customers are asked to please stand 6 feet apart.
- We require all customers who are medically able to wear a mask to do so while shopping in our stores. In those locations where the medical exemption has been eliminated by law, all customers must wear masks while in our stores. We provide free masks for customers who need them. We appreciate our customers' cooperation and need their support by wearing masks while in the store. Hannaford is abiding by all state and local laws relating to the use of face coverings.
- Please follow the one-way traffic arrows in the aisles to maintain a 6-foot distance from others at all times.
- Dedicated shopping hours for senior citizens 60 and older and individuals with compromised immune systems, including pregnant women and caregivers shopping for the immunocompromised. Currently, most stores reserve 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings. In Massachusetts, those special hours are 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. daily.
- Bag policy:
- Associates will bag in clean reusable bags brought from home. This includes bags brought from outside the stores as well as, but not limited to, fabric, plastic, paper and mesh.
Associate health and safety
- Plexiglass protection barriers have been installed at the registers between customers and the cashiers.
- Masks and gloves are available to all store associates. We are currently requiring all associates to wear masks. Gloves are required for those jobs where the CDC and other health officials have provided guidance that they should be worn.
- Associates are now wearing yellow vests for better visibility and as a reminder to customers to maintain a six-foot separation from them and from each other.
We have implemented several tactics to ensure safe social distancing for both customers and associates in our stores, including:
- We are now offering temporary curbside pickup and mailings for prescriptions. Please contact your pharmacy directly for more information about these options. Payment by credit card will be requested prior to pickup and mailings. Find Pharmacy
- Clear signage throughout the store, and overhead announcements emphasizing six-foot distancing practices.
- Signage and floor decals indicating six-foot spacing for customers waiting in line at the checkout.
- Six-foot distancing practices for customers outside the store who are waiting to enter.
- One-way directional signage in aisles for safer customer traffic flow.
- Limits on the number of customers allowed to enter the store at any one time. These limits are calculated by the square footage of each store location, or as required by law.
- Our customers also can help us keep the number of people shopping our stores or waiting outside to a minimum. We ask that you please shop alone or with as few others as absolutely necessary; make one larger trip, rather than several smaller ones; and try to visit the store during off-hours. Our busiest times are from 4-6 p.m. weekdays, Saturday mornings and early afternoon Sundays. We also are busy when stores first open daily.
Product availability and refunds
Due to unprecedented demand, we are experiencing out-of-stock conditions on some products. It's important for you to know:
- Beginning May 10, seafood service cases will reopen while following enhanced social distancing standards in support of both our customers and associates. Deli will resume services from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. providing a more limited assortment. Other self-service food stations including salad bars, hot bars and self-service bakery will remain closed, but we are offering a wide variety of pre-packed products in these departments.
- We receive new shipments to our stores day and night and we're doing our best to keep up with demand and find new suppliers to fill the gaps. Inventory levels are improving every day, and we ask for your patience as we manage inventory levels on high-demand items.
- We will honor refunds for quality guarantees and reimbursement for pricing and scanning errors only. We will not accept returns for wrong items and our raincheck policy is currently suspended. If an item has been recalled, we will still provide a refund.
- We want to thank and acknowledge the over 800 local farmers and producers who have stepped up to provide additional inventory during this time. We value their partnership now more than ever.
Hannaford To Go Updates
- Due to high demand and product availability, Hannaford To Go time slots and hours are limited. Please check back at 8 p.m. for newly open time slots.
- Check available time slots BEFORE starting your order.
- Time slot selector shows real-time availability. Kindly refrain from calling stores directly as they cannot open a time slot for you.
In lieu of curbside pickup, the stores below offer Hannaford To Go walk-in pickup:
- ME: Ellsworth
- NH: Keene
- VT: Middlebury, Rutland
Given the rapidly changing impact of the COVID-19 crisis we will update you here and by email, should there be any changes to our service.
All Hannaford To Go locations have resumed with limited time slots and hours. Please be aware that there will be some temporary limitations that will impact your shopping experience, including social distancing practices. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
Supporting Our Communities
Hannaford donates $250,000 to support local farms impacted by COVID-19
Hannaford donated $250,000 to support 250 farmers in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York and Massachusetts that have been adversely impacted by the coronavirus global health pandemic. The farms received funding via the American Farmland Trust's Farmer Relief Fund, which provides farmers with grants to help them navigate challenges related to the COVID-19 crisis. The donation directly supports small local farmers and producers who have experienced market disruptions as their primary buyers and points of sale, including farmers markets, restaurants and schools, have closed or drastically decreased operations to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. This donation is an extension of Hannaford's commitment to locally grown products and the farmers and producers who serve an integral role in nourishing communities. A total of 250 farms will receive funding as a result of the donation from Hannaford, including:
- 100 farms in Maine
- 66 farms in Vermont
- 51 farms in New York
- 23 farms in New Hampshire
- And 10 farms in Massachusetts
Since March 2020, Hannaford has donated $1 million to COVID-19 relief efforts, including hunger relief and homeless outreach organizations.
Individuals who wish to make donations to the American Farmland Trust's Farmer Relief Fund may do so online at https://farmland.salsalabs.org.
Hannaford donates $750,000 to COVID-19 response efforts
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Hannaford donated an additional $750,000 to numerous hunger relief and homeless outreach organizations throughout the Northeast as we work to support some of the most at-risk members of our communities. These donations are in addition to Hannaford's ongoing, substantial support of charities and community groups across the Northeast. The COVID-19 donation includes:
- A total commitment of $550,000 to food banks in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York and Massachusetts.
- A total of $200,000 to organizations that work with homeless people. This donation will be used to help create social distance among these individuals, while helping them to meet the most-basic needs of survival and staying healthy amid the crisis.
How You Can Help
Individuals who wish to make donations to support these organizations may do so online.
Good Shepherd Food Bank
Bangor Area Homeless Shelter